What does an average summer day in Colorado Springs look like? I'm not completely sure. My kids are convinced it's a kind of wonderland full of adventure and happiness, but that's par for the course for places you vacation. I'm going to share some pictures of a more ordinary day. 12 August 2012.
I woke Kim and Isaac up early to join me for a run. We did enough running to get hot and sweaty, but we also took a good long break to take some pictures. We look pretty rough, but the scenery is great. I think on this day we went down into the valley, then climbed up pulpit rock. We took a bunch of pictures with my phone, than ran home on the road. Those hills are killer.
Later someone needed to run to Target for something, and of course the girls wanted to join. We don't know what a quick trip to Target means. Maybe if we lived nearby they would eventually get tired of trying on shoes, looking at the clearance racks and playing with the make-up samples. But it didn't happen during our month stay.
I woke Kim and Isaac up early to join me for a run. We did enough running to get hot and sweaty, but we also took a good long break to take some pictures. We look pretty rough, but the scenery is great. I think on this day we went down into the valley, then climbed up pulpit rock. We took a bunch of pictures with my phone, than ran home on the road. Those hills are killer.
Can't quite see Pike's Peak
Later someone needed to run to Target for something, and of course the girls wanted to join. We don't know what a quick trip to Target means. Maybe if we lived nearby they would eventually get tired of trying on shoes, looking at the clearance racks and playing with the make-up samples. But it didn't happen during our month stay.
No mirrors to help her self-make-over, but that's okay. She wanted to do my eyes also. I was glad she was a little less extreme.
A Costco run too. I remember Makenna doing this in Vegas too when she was 1/2 this size.
I don't remember what this look meant anymore. Maybe "I need a hair cut" or "I'm wearing a sweatshirt because it's cold in here" or "do you really have to ask if I want a hotdog?"
Kim made borscht! It was so good we begged her to make it again before we left. I helped so I could learn how and repeat it at home when the temperature drops below 3 digits. While eating it I kept wondering if foods could dye your digestive tract....
Makenna did my hair. Pretty fancy considering the short length with which she had to work.
She also had fun digging through a big box of fabric that came from Rowena. She made up dozens of wrapped outfits. This is just one.













No comments:
Post a Comment