Our time was too short. When we left in 2011, there were so many hard feelings over how the sale of our house ended up going that it made leaving easier. As visitors, it was much harder to say good-bye again. We tried to mix time between family and friends, but felt shorted on both ends.
We left Utah early enough Sunday morning to get down to Vegas in time to go to our old ward and see lots of familiar faces. As it happened, Makenna's good friend Aspen was in town visiting that day too, so it was fun to see the dance carpool back together again, but somehow I missed Mia in the picture.
After church we drove over to Brian and Hilary's new house. They were in a state of "when it rains, it pours" with moving into a new house, Brian working full time as an employee and student, and Hilary being close to bed rest with twins. We came in with three kids and two adults and tried to be helpful. Jessica especially loved the sleeping arrangements--she got the huge bean bag! Isaac and Makenna each got an air mattress, Kim got the futon and I had the honor of the guest bed. Jess loved sorting baby clothes to wash and organizing shoes. Makenna and Isaac put together a swing and a couple of bouncy seats which are slotted to act as tiny beds for a few months. Kim made lots of treats and we all helped eat them.
We left Utah early enough Sunday morning to get down to Vegas in time to go to our old ward and see lots of familiar faces. As it happened, Makenna's good friend Aspen was in town visiting that day too, so it was fun to see the dance carpool back together again, but somehow I missed Mia in the picture.
After church we drove over to Brian and Hilary's new house. They were in a state of "when it rains, it pours" with moving into a new house, Brian working full time as an employee and student, and Hilary being close to bed rest with twins. We came in with three kids and two adults and tried to be helpful. Jessica especially loved the sleeping arrangements--she got the huge bean bag! Isaac and Makenna each got an air mattress, Kim got the futon and I had the honor of the guest bed. Jess loved sorting baby clothes to wash and organizing shoes. Makenna and Isaac put together a swing and a couple of bouncy seats which are slotted to act as tiny beds for a few months. Kim made lots of treats and we all helped eat them.
Putting face plates back
The loft--for sleeping kids and unpacked stuff.
Somber cook. Who ate all these so quickly?
Brian took the girls out on their bonus trampoline. They had to crawl through the the house to a bathroom to wash their feet after. I'm sad that I don't have pictures of Brian. Sorry.
We spent one day and night with the Reese family. Cathy threw a pool party for us and lots of friends came over. Von came and helped give another spring roll lesson. Yummm. They are so good. This is the tray of some of the filler ingredients.
Cameron and Isaac just stayed on the couches after their movie the night before. I snuck a picture of them in the morning before going out for a run with Cathy and friends.
Jess and Ellie
Amber and Makenna
Kenzie and Makenna (too bad Makenna didn't wear her matching suit).
Jess and Kenison
We went to the new children's museum with Cathy, her girls and Elisabeth. Isaac stayed in the neighborhood and had a boy gathering at Eckersley's house.
Really cool bathroom!
This was a favorite at the old location.
Jimmy
Afterward, we picked up the boys and had a U-Swirl feast. YUM!
Osborne Friends
A little tour of Brian and Hilary's new house.
Guest room
Bathroom connecting into the twins room.
Looking down into the Living Room
Awesome laundry room.
Baby room in progress. I don't know what happened to the shots of the kitchen or family room.
I took another the morning we were leaving. I just can't resist taking pictures of our baby and her George.
Ahhh, we know this site well.
We ran into Walmart for a few road trip supplies. Crazy big that place looks.
We made a quick stop by our storage locker on the way out. We had mailed a box of stuff to Brian and just dropped it off. It was funny watching the kids look at the old stuff with happy reminiscing.
I love it when Kim has a camera (or my phone). I get to appear in the blog pages for my kids to see. And I just love this shot.
Locking it back up before leaving Las Vegas. Colorado Springs, here we come.
We stopped at our now favorite Taco Bell in Grand Junction again and watched a beautiful sunset. We left so late, that it was after midnight when we finally pulled into Colorado Springs.
The kids were happy to have the movies, and is was good for the drivers too. I must give props to Kim. She did the lion's share this day.



































No comments:
Post a Comment