Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Creek Digging

After everyone got up and had breakfast (no small task for a house with 16 people)...








we packed up some digging equipment and drove down to the creek.  It's the same one my kids dug in behind Costco two years ago, but we went further down stream this time.  Once the kids were settled and busy, the I took my sisters, and Isaac, on a run along the trail.  Isaac was going a little crazy trying to solve a riddle.

"What can you put in a bucket to make it lighter?--weigh less" Kim started it and a few had guessed it which drove Isaac even more nuts.  That's largely why he came with us instead of playing at the creek.  He wanted to pick Kim's brain.

Grandpa Dan leading the excavation efforts

Lucy and Jess were inseparable. 

Tommy managed to get soaked.



Smiling Peter



Grandma Terry helping warm Tommy and occupy Peter.

Twins!



Sweaty sisters.  The best kind!
 Later that day, the kids were in the gully and Makenna came running in, slightly panicked, yelling Isaac got hit in the head with a rock and is bleeding! I wasn't too worried yet as I saw him walking through the backyard to the back door.  Then he came in and I saw a lot of blood dripping down his neck.  These shots are after he got cleaned up a bit and had some hair cut away.  It wasn't too bad, no signs of concussion.  He had a serious headache for a couple days and a nasty scab that stopped any new hair from growing right for awhile.

He was showing the cousins how he made a deadfall trap two years before when the deadfall rock fell on him.




1 comment:

  1. I had to think about that riddle for hours but eventually figured it out. Holes right? I asked Hil and she said holes after seconds.
    So how come all your colorado posts are titled August 2012? I thought you were there August 2013.
    Thanks for snapping so many pictures.

    ReplyDelete