Thursday, December 11, 2014

We are SKIING!

If it weren't so freaking cold, I might not believe this place is for real.  It is just beautiful.  The snow is not the very best, but is decent.  The kids are amazed at the sheer amount of it.  It's ALL over the mountains.  If all you know is Ski Dubai, this place is a winer wonderland.  It has surpassed all their imaginations.  The town does not have snow currently, so the ski in/ski out option for our Chalet is not workable for this trip.   But ride the gondola up and it's all white.


Yes, this is what she wore under her ski pants and coat.  Hat and scarf made by Jessica, fuzzy sweater a recent find at the Outlet mall that she LOVES.  

She also loves her look.  Two sisters with very different style. 

GoPro on the lift.


We will have to try again in the sunshine.  Matt and I have our coats from Aldi--YEARS ago.  Jess is wearing the blue one we bought extra big for Isaac from Aldi.  It fits her now, but won't the next time she needs it.  Isaac is in Orange, Makenna is all black. 

Rewrapping the scarf to keep those ears warm.   Makenna looking on. 




I was pointing something out and then lost my balance and almost tipped.  Matt happened to get it on film.  Isaac, Jess, Makenna, me: from left to right. 


We had a GREAT first day on the slopes.  We made our own sandwiches to eat for lunch and Matt carried a few drinks in his backpack.  The rest of us had fanny packs with a few extra snacks, hand warmers, chapstick....  We headed in a little early (by 30 minutes) when the wind seriously picked up.  The sign above the lift was listing it as 29kph.  I think tomorrow we are trying the Italy side.  

We turned our boots and skis in for the night and stopped at the little shop on the way up the hill to get new bread for tomorrow's lunches.  I made a big pot of pasta for dinner.  Then, finally, Jess got her wish of having a fire.  






W enjoyed the heat while playing a couple hours worth of Swiss Monopoly.  It got funnier and funnier because Makenna had incredibly good luck, incredibly good luck!  And Isaac had just horrible luck.  After about an hour he commented, "I have only had one turn when I wasn't in jail or didn't have to pay someone something."  At the end, Makenna was well over double the next closest person in cash and investments.  Now, the shower train has begun and we will soon be asnooze in our beds ready to have another full day tomorrow!  


No comments:

Post a Comment