Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Zermatt

I love this little town and I love our 2nd floor chalet.

Jess was so excited that the kitchen was stocked with hard boiled egg holders.  We bought some museili, yogurt, hot chocolate, oat bran, and plenty of good fresh bread to have on hand for breakfasts.  We will be making our lunches for the slopes and probably most dinners too, but we ate at a fabulous pizzeria tonight.  

I took this with my phone on the balcony.  Really??!

Our room

The kids' room.

Perspective from the doorway to the main room. 

Main task of the day was to fit and rent ski gear for the next 4 days.  Ahh, the smell of wax in a ski shop.  They were super organized, helpful and friendly.  I know we are a couple weeks ahead of when the season gets busy here, but I think the whole town puts a lot of emphasis on service, cleanliness and organization.


Again, Really??  It's just ridiculously beautiful. 



Zermatt has always outlawed motored vehicles until recently when the electric variety became more readily available.  They are all very rectangular, narrow and quiet.  

Work truck

Delivery Truck

Taxi.   

There are buses that are just slightly bigger than the taxis.  And that's it.  They can pass each other on incredibly narrow roads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment