Friday, December 4, 2009

Work and a play

Matt is still putting time in at City Center. He called about when I was expecting him home on Wednesday night to say it was going to be late, very late. They had finished with the cookie cutter hotel rooms and ready to start in on the suites the next day, but no one had done the master programs for them. So he and Tim (his partner) were able to save the day and play hero by staying--all night, as it turned out--and writing programs for the 3 types of suites. He had left at 6 Wednesday morning, got home at 8 the next morning and slept for several hours. It ended up feeling like a treat because he has not been home during the day for more than 2 weeks. The kids loved it. Oh what a welcome home he got. He was able to come to the last performance of the kids Christmas Play down at the Las Vegas Rescue Mission too. The girls did great all dolled up for their dance numbers and songs.
Before we walked out the door to drive to the performance.


I have to tell the sweetest Jess story. While I was curling her hair she very solemnly told me that if Wendy didn't come tonight she could step in and play the part. She went over the lines and sang me her solo. I think she was steeling herself to be ready to face the crowd.

Jess during the pre-show talk.

She also said that Makenna could be Teddy if need be. I think she was a little disappointed that she was not needed as an understudy. But she made a sweet little wind-up doll. And Makenna was the cutest rag roll, right in front with her gap toothed smile.


Makenna with the big girls--the rag dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment