We got to host Brian and his girlfriend the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving--which means I am behind on reporting again. The kids were so excited to see him and he didn't disappoint except for not staying long enough. I let them stay up to greet them and to give Hillary the tour.
Saturday morning we had a quick breakfast and then lots of soccer. The girls had their final games and then their season end party. With Matt working, it was really nice to have extra hands to help carry down the chairs, balls, drinks and lots of extra clothes. I think Hilary thought I was a little crazy for offering blankets and coats so often, but it sure felt cold to us. The visitors were quick to learn some of the names and personalities of the players on the girls' teams and were cheering along with the rest of us by each games' end and remembered them still for the award ceremony at the party. It was a soccer filled morning.
They spent a few hours with us before heading off for their fancy date. Jess happily involved herself in a game with them. Brian would rub a balloon in her hair till she looked like a lion in the midst of a bad mane day. Then he would put it on some part of the ceiling and Jess would have to devise how to get it down. It got more complicated as time went on and George was eventually introduced as the happy object to be thrown up to knock down the static-y balloon. Isaac and Makenna better loved jumping and diving over the couch. Brian was eventually brave enough (and trying to impress a certain someone) to try diving over and landing in a somersault. We have it on video for anyone interested. That earned him a new place of respect in the kids' eyes.
They had to leave eventually and refused to take any extra coats with them, but reported the next morning that the night was not as chill as I suspected and that they had a lovely time. Hillary had rather negative impressions of Vegas before and I hope her time with us has improved her views. The kids liked her.
They drove back up to Provo following a late lunch after church.
No comments:
Post a Comment