Christmas morning starts with a very funny story. Isaac has texting capability at home or with other wireless access. The girls were sleeping in his room and we told them to text us when everyone was awake and can't wait any longer. It was a late night for everyone and they weren't pushing for an early start, so we went with it! We woke up hearing them laughing and talking, then finally yelling, "is that really you, mom?" Turns out Isaac typed my phone number in wrong and was having a whole conversation with some random person.
Isaac: We are all awake and ready to go downstairs.
person: Who is we?
Isaac: Makenna, Jess and me
person: good for you
Isaac: so, can we go down?
person: go down where?
Isaac: mom, stop teasing.
person: I'm not your mom.
There was more, but the kids don't remember any more details. We had a good laugh over that. On the way back from Utah last Friday, we had it happen in reverse. Some kid from Vegas (702 area code) asked if I was ditching 6th. I carried that conversation for awhile, until they tried to call. It should have been a give away when it went to voicemail and you hear my kids say "leave a message for my mom". But it wasn't. They texted again and I finally set them straight, wrong number.
But back to Christmas! Here is a selection of pictures. I'll let them tell most of the story with captions as needed.
Jess still LOVES monkeys. This guy has been christened Tyler.
This is her thrilled/incredulous face. Makenna loves scarves and accessories in general. And horses too.
Look at these kids armed to the teeth. There was a great nerf battle later in the day. Mom and Dad said no way, uh-uh to the idea of Air Soft guns, but Santa came through for Isaac. He has been getting lots of use each weekend with boys in the ward.
These tiny figures were in Jessica's stocking. She is lining them up on "Baby George".
Wearing new shoes, shirt "Live for soccer", necklace and chef's hat.
They finally came to the nightgowns I made. They both wanted nightgowns, but I couldn't find any that weren't either cartoon characters or cost over $40 + another $10 for shipping. So I made these. Makenna has made it SO worth it by wearing it every night since. That's 26 days and counting--though it has been washed a few times during the day. My where is the time going.
Cozy horse fleece blanket from Santa has also been a huge hit.
Watch out. More weapons.
Opening clothes!
Makenna showed Jess and I how to use the knitting looms. I made a my first hat!
Makenna gave Jess some bubble bath and they were excited to try it. 2 hours in the tub Christmas night.






No comments:
Post a Comment