I am going to post a whole bunch of pictures from the play. I'll put quotes and comments where applicable. But first let me say, that all who saw the play were so very proud of Isaac and the amazing performance he gave. I don't even know how many people told me he stole the show. This experience has broadened him and he has found hidden talents and confidence we never before saw. Wonderful, wonderful experience. The whole cast did a great job. This is a group of 11-15 year old kids performing a full Shakespeare play. The director, producer, costume designer and creator, set builder, and all the other jobs were done by parents.
This is my good friend, running buddy, the kids' piano teacher and Isaac's director, Wendy Osborne giving the kids their last notes before the show.
Posing before the start. He has spent a lot of time working with that door.
The girls saw the Friday matinee show and were so excited to go again Saturday night.
They were basking in Isaac's reflected glory. They were really excited to give him a congratulatory bouquet of balloons after the show.
The two Dromios (the one on the left has contacts and dyed hair, hee, hee.)
The door scene was very funny. Isaac had to fall down a LOT.
Isaac and Maritta (2nd officer) She was in our carpool.
About to go backstage before the show
Waiting for the curtain
This is Antipholus and Dromio of Syracuse meeting with a merchant.
The first mix up. Antipholus of Syracuse meets Dromio of Ephesus.
"The clock hath strucken 12 upon the bell and my mistress has made one upon my cheek."
"Nay, he's at two hands with me and that my two ears can witness."
"Am I so round with you as you with me?"
"Here's that I warrent will pay them all."
Big laugh here thanks to timing and the mix up--they are expecting money, and get a rope delivered.
Antipholus of Ephesus: "You mewling senseless villan!"
"I would that I were senseless that I might not feel your blows."
"The prophecy like a parrot, beware the rope's end!"
"God and the rope maker, bear me witness."
Another big laugh.
"Master, I am entered here in bond for you."
"Within this hour I was his bondman sir, . . . now I am Dromio and his man unbound."
"Me thinks that you are my glass and not my brother."
"I see by you that I am a sweet faced youth."
Curtain call.
signing autographs with the cast after the show in the lobby
Final pictures before taking off the costumes for the last time. 4 shows done. Bitter sweet.
Getting his "punching bag award" at the cast party. Isaac and I got home just before 1 am!
The cast watching the video/slideshow of the experience at the party. There was dancing (sometimes with girls!), basketball, signing each others' shirts, food, awards and the film. So fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment