Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter was a little bit down this year because it was marking Matt's departure.  I drove him to the airport Saturday morning.  I left the kids with a couple bags of candy and a big pile of empty eggs to fill.


When I got back we dyed 50 eggs.  We only hard boiled a few and were just careful not to crack the raw ones.  We have been cooking with gorgeous eggs all week since.  The kids are getting more creative with color mixing and tape and rubber bands.  It's a fun and pretty cheap activity to entertain for a few hours.

We had a LOT of buckets of color.

Isaac boiling, then drying about 10.

Jess eating the one causality.   Luckily, it was cooked.

Applying tape between dyings.  


White crayon. 

It's half done, for now.  



Isaac's final product. 

Half of them.  They took lots of baths in lots of colors.  

Sunday the kids found over a hundred eggs after church, but we found over 20 more over the next week.  

We went to our friends' house to join them for dinner.  I didn't know how much family was already coming.  I felt a little like a party crasher, but the kids were very happy and it was nice to have company on day one of Matt's absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment