Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Full Saturday

The day was packed and I didn't even do a long run.  Matt and I had to wait till the evening to run 5.5 together because the kids had so much going on. 

Makenna got to go to her first Activity Days activity.  It happened to be a huge stake shindig and she loved it.  4 hours long.  I drove 4 neighborhood girls down to it and another mom brought them home.  Wow, driving cute little girls is SO different than car pooling for scouts.  Wow.  Later she had a birthday party to go to, pampering extreme.  The mom had a couple other moms to help and all the girls got VERY fancy hairdo's, hands waxed??, nails painted, feet rubbed and sparkly make-up.  (Hmm, I wonder why I wasn't asked to help! :-)) She came home floating.  I studied her hair for a long time before taking it down so I could try and recreate it.  There is a wedding coming up afterall.

Jess went to a party too.  Her's was tea party themed and she got to wear a party dress.  She came home thrilled with her treasures because she got a green clipboard, with a "J" on it!! She also got a big flower clip for her hair and both girls picked outfits today to wear to church to match their clips. 

Isaac had just one football game (and practice before).  It was a big deal because our coach has never beaten this team over a several year history.  Long story short, we won!  Matt dumped the rest of the ice water over coach's head who was very pleased.  After the game, I gave Isaac one of my better haircuts.  We didn't eat dinner until 8:30!  Good grief, that's embarrassing.

These first few pictures are of Makenna post party.  


This is my attempt after several hours.  I should have refreshed my mind with the pictures, but it wasn't a bad first try. 


A bit more practice, and who knows what may be possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment