I had the big Enrichment (Relief Society Meeting) of the year and it went really well. The food was good and there was plenty, yet not too much to be obnoxious. We met and surpassed our goal of collecting 100 dresses for a women's shelter and the room looked beautiful with them hanging all over the walls. The representative from the shelter felt welcome and spoke passionately about their mission, so hopefully we can do more for them in the future. The other speakers were all lovely as well as the musical number. I was out of the house from 3 till almost 10pm and came home with very tired feet, but a very satisfied feeling.
My feet were even more tired yesterday. (I always hesitate going into running, but I'm considering this blog to be rather like my journal, and running is a part of my life now. ) I finished 16 miles strong, without knee pain until the last 3/4 mile. The time at the gym with the dumb weights is really helping. I am sure cutting back to only 3 running days a week is helping too. But I still hit 30 total for the week. I have been on the fence about the 6 tunnels race next Saturday, but I'm going to sign up.
Isaac had an injury at his first football game of the season. ( I am sorry if I already mentioned this). The back of his left hand was swollen for several days and he didn't get to have a full practive for over a week. He missed a game, but played last Saturday wearing a brace. They won. He is expected to put in so many hours of practice, but he still likes it. We'll see how he feels after this coming Saturday. He has the gamboree (two games) with the main league, then he goes to Henderson for 2 more games with the other league. Those kids aren't going to know which way is up when they are done.
Makenna is still reading reading reading. She is really guilting me into finishing her baptism dress. I finished the embroidery and now she wants it sewn, now. She isn't mean about it, just really excited and persistent. Whenever she has a turn at family prayer, she says, "bless mom so she can finish my dress." She is also looking forward to soccer starting. She and Jess took rollerblades to Isaac's last game and spent a lot of time zipping back and forth on the walking path between the fields. It was a decent way to pass the time, but she would rather be playing in a game of her own. Here she is helping me cook dinner, something she does almost daily.
Jess is amazingly funny. She has us all laughing at nearly every dinner with her stories and thoughts. Last night she was explaining how she wants a husband who is 9, but taller than Isaac. Right now she is training with George (her monkey).
umm, so I did start all that on Monday, but just now got back to it, and it's Wednesday. I'll go ahead and post it before more time is lost. I'll just finish putting in some pictures of Jess. The football ones are her trying on Isaac's new pants before he could have a chance.

No comments:
Post a Comment