We had lovely weather for Makenna's baptism. Our stake has a strict format for baptisms. Always the Saturday before fast Sunday for all the kids in the stake who have recently turned 8. This time there were 3 wards, but only 4 kids, two of which were from our ward. The talks and songs are all together and then wards are dismissed one at a time to the font. Our ward was hosting, so Makenna and her friend Aspen got to hear talks from our own Primary Presidency.
Makenna's grandma Terry and uncle David came down for her baptism. I'm sorry I don't have pictures of them. I have to say thank you to them because they took almost all of these pictures.
I was so proud and a not a little sad to see my beautiful little girl growing up. She has a kind heart and strong spirit. She is quite ready to be making more of life's decisions, it's much harder for mom and dad. She has always had a close bond with Matt and it was sweet to see him perform those ordinances for her. They were a very handsome couple. (On a side note, Makenna is very excited to take him to the Daddy Daughter Activity Day Date, sometime this year.) I feel like words are rather inadequate, so I'm going to put in a bunch of pictures.
Jess did a bit of posing too.
Makenna wants to say thank you to her "Italy grandparents" for the special CTR ring. And to Grandma Terry for the scripture case for her new scriptures.





Thanks to all photographers for the beautiful pictures. Such a special beauty she is! We are so thankful for parents who love these kids so much a nd are giving them such strong homes and so much love. We are seeing the other side here, and it just makes us so thankful for you all
ReplyDeleteOXO