Thursday, March 25, 2010
Spoiled Mom
I felt very spoiled today coming home from my long run. I had gotten up early and finished 21 miles with a friend. We had planned on 20, but I miscalculated the first loop and we hit 21 when we were still 1/2 a mile from home. We walked that last bit. As soon as I walked in the door, Makenna said, "We got you ice!" And Matt went up to start the COLD tub for me. He had bought 3 bags of ice (not Costco size, thank goodness) and I had the coldest, most painful waist high ice bath of my life. I usually just run the cold water and empty our ice dispenser full of ice cubes. This was a proper ice bath. I could barely stand up after my ten minutes were up to get into the shower. My legs were completely numb. But I must say my legs are feeling pretty good now, so I know it really helped. After a long hot shower, I started shivering uncontrollably. The kids were a little worried, but couldn't help laughing at me as I tried to poor myself some milk and add a packet of instant breakfast (my favorite recovery drink). Makenna made me a cup of hot, hot tea. Isaac warmed up a rice bag for me. Jess made a cozy nest by the fire and offered to rub my feet. What a completely sweet family I have. I think I need to go on ridiculously long runs more often. I loved the royal treatment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment