
Her dress is finished. Thanks to my mom for helping find possible patterns and giving instruction and encouragement, dad for scanning them so Makenna could choose, and Grandma Huntzinger for the fabric. I really should have kept track of the hours, just for fun, because this was definitely the most involved dress I have ever made. Hooray that it turned out well. The white, white fabric often made me nervous and I became a compulsive hand washer (no lotion) while working on it. My knuckles are still all dried out.



So here are some pictures we took moments after it was finished. Her hair is not done, but she still looks lovely. She couldn't wait to try it on and show it off to anyone in the house--me, Jessica and Jessica's friend. Matt was out at a meeting when the final moment came. She patiently waited, checking the street frequently for his return so he could see her before she took it off. Isaac was gone too, but wouldn't be back for a couple hours yet, so he just got to see it beautifully displayed, on my bed.
Gorgeous! It made me sad when my girls told me they were too old for smocked dresses and would rather I just made "plain old skirts"! Love it.
ReplyDeleteWow! That is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful package...beauty...wrapped in a beautiful dress !!
ReplyDeleteMakenna,, I hope you gave your mom a big hug for the fabulous dress and the beautiful smile XOXO G'ma Chris
I JUST saw the blog -- the dress is fabulous -Karen you should feel very proud. Makenna is beautiful. And you know what this means, don't you?-- You will need to make one for Jess too!
ReplyDelete