Saturday, March 26, 2011

Isaac is 12!

Isaac started his 12th year in our California hotel room watching the news from Japan's earthquake and Tsunami.  The day ended better with a stupendous steak dinner furnished by our own grill master, Matt.  Isaac is our most adventurous eater.  Instead of sticking with one thing, he is constantly trying new things.  He has always done that to some degree.  He has had more favorite colors than any kid I know.  For the last few years, he has gone online to allrecipes.com and find the cake he wants me to try for his birthday.  I guess there was a very popular coconut cake that did have a sequel, but for the most part, he wants something new.  This year he wanted a hot fudge cake.  It was fun to serve cake and ice cream with the same scoop.  (His current favorite food is mussels.  He will love the seafood possibilities if we still end up in Sicily.)   


This is a crummy picture, but I somehow got distracted from trying again.  I'm including it because I still want to document our visitors.  Grandpa Dan, Grandma Terry, Brian and Hilary.  The next day Grandma Chris and Grandpa Don came too.  It made his birthday and ordination weekend very special to have that outpouring of support and love.  

The fire ban has been lifted!  

He wouldn't even give a hint of what he wished for, but it didn't matter because he saved a few candles to pinch out with wet fingers.  Gross.  


The first thing he said after opening his present from Bountiful was "Now I am really ready for the triathlon!"  The goggles were the finishing touch after new running shoes at Christmas, and a new birthday bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment