Thursday, March 24, 2011

Valentine's Day

I don't know how these holidays keep sneaking up on me.  I am going to largely blame it on a mind distracted by a myriad of moving possibilities.  The kids had a Valentine exchange after book group with our big homeschool organization.  The girls had a blast making their own big heart cards with stickers and stamps and embellishments.  Isaac wasn't too interested that night, but felt a little bad when he was specifically given a bunch the next day and he didn't have more than a cookie to give in return.  (We made 5 batches of cake mix cookies and bagged them!)  I didn't push him because I thought the party was more for the younger group of kids.  But the teenage counterpart group did their own in conjunction.  Isaac knows them all well from the Shakespeare class.  A couple moms have come up to me during various activities to say that their girls really like Isaac because he is nice and not sarcastic.  And he doesn't seem to mind.  Even the 2 to 1 carpool is no longer a matter for grumbles.  Interesting.  But off topic.

The girls loved the decorating and creating and passing out and sharing and opening.  Valentine's was made for little girls--both the big and small varieties.

Three of the sides of our family bucket were decorated with string art hearts and foam conversation hearts.  

The girls made our sign gorgeous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment