Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Latest Plan or possible possibility

I have decided to post the latest news/rumors concerning our future here.  It will be interesting to look back and trace the developments and will keep those who read in the know. 

Matt called today to confirm that he is scheduled to go to the UAE (not the UEA like I keep saying--igrained in my brain from Utah teaching years) for a 90 day rotation leaving around April 24th.  There is a mandatory 1 week overlap for each rotation, so maybe that's really 90 days + 2 weeks?  He was also told that he would get back in time to spell off the guy starting EuroHawk (the Global Hawk that Germany is buying from the US).  Does that mean he is going straight there?  That may be a mistake, but if not we will just go too.  If so, in the beginning of August, I would pack up the house, put all the long term stuff in the back of a storage unit, then the stuff we would want with us for an overseas assignment in front.  Then we would probably ship a few boxes to Matt and stuff as many suitcases as we are allowed and go live in a bed and breakfast with him for the 3 months.  We would do school and go on lots of field trips.  Thank goodness we can be flexible with school!  Hopefully we will know where his "permanent" spot will be before he leaves in April. 

Some of this is conjecture.  His UAE assignment is 99% certain.  After that, it's more vague.  If Germany happens, by golly we will make the most of it.  We would still love another tour there.  Sicily is still a possibility.  Matt also thinks PAX in Maryland would be a nice location.  I agree.  But we are still hoping for overseas first.  There are plenty more possibilities far and nearer.  The one thing we keep getting asked is, "could he just stay in Vegas?"  No.  I mean, he hasn't worked here for years.  He is off Predator and on Global Hawk now and Nevada doesn't have a Global Hawk site. 

Stay tuned for more, another day. 

1 comment:

  1. We came kind of close to moving to the UAE. Where will he be? Thanks for posting the latest. I guess I should just call...

    ReplyDelete